Indiana Rural Water Association, in conjunction with Indiana Rural Community Assistance Program, will be conducting a Board Training for Small Utilities workshop on March 21, 2017 in Santa Claus, Indiana.
This 6-hour workshop has been approved for 6 general wastewater hours and 6 general water hours from IDEM.
Upon successful completion of this training, attendees will receive a Certificate of Attendance and RCAP’s Utility Board Manual.
Information covered will include:
- Board Responsibilities
- Productive Board Meetings
- Public Relations and Customer Service
- Board Policies and Recordkeeping
- Rate Setting
- Asset Management
- Capital Improvements
- Billings and Collection Strategies
- Understanding Your Permit(s)
- Adequate Collection, Treatment, Storage, and Distribution
- Working With Your Operator
- Certified Operator Classifications
- Operator’s Responsibilities
- New Rules and Regulations
- Utility Safety, Security, and Cooperation
Registration Form (PDF)